Directions to the Albuquerque Metropolitan Arroyo Flood Control Authority (AMAFCA) Office
We are located “behind” the Holiday Inn Express and Applebee’s on Menaul. The closest major cross streets are Vassar and Menaul.
From I-40: Take the Carlisle exit from I-40 and go north. Turn west (left) onto Menaul, then south (left) on Vassar, just before the light at Vassar. Vassar deadends at Prospect Avenue. Turn east (left) onto Prospect to the AMAFCA office.
From Menaul west of University: Head east on Menaul. Turn south (right) on Vassar, just past the light at Vassar. Turn east (left) onto Prospect to the AMAFCA office.
From Menaul east of Carlisle: Head west on Menaul. Turn south (left) onto Vassar just before the light at Vassar. Turn east (left) onto Prospect to the AMAFCA office.
Google Earth KML Files
- AMAFCA Drainage Facilities – AMAFCA Facilities.kmz (New 1/27/2020)
- Other Agency Drainage Facilities – Other Drainage Facilities.kmz (New 1/27/2020)
- AMAFCA Districts – AMAFCA_Districts.zip (Updated 3/8/2022)
- AMAFCA Drainage Shapefile (contains all the features below) – AMAFCA_Drainage.zip (Updated 3/8/2022)
- Other Agency Drainage Shapefile (contains all the features below) – Other_Agency_Drainage.zip (Updated 3/8/2022)
- Other Agency Linear Drainage Shapefile – Other_Agency_Drainage_Lines.zip (Updated 3/8/2022)
- Other Agency Point Drainage Shapefile – Other_Agency_Drainage_Points.zip (Updated 3/8/2022)
- Other Agency Polygon Drainage Shapefile – Other_Agency_Drainage_Polygons.zip (Updated3/8/2022)
- Other Agency Water Quality Shapefile – Other_Agency_Drainage_WQ.zip (Updated 3/8/2022)
- Undeveloped Arroyos – Undeveloped_Arroyos.zip (New 3/8/2022)
- Watersheds Shapefile – Watersheds.zip (Updated 3/8/2022)
A map of the various ditches, arroyos, channels, and other drainage facilities in the greater Albuquerque area, color-coded as to which agency has the responsibility of maintaining the facility.
|48″ x 36″||4.53 MB||December 2019|
Interactive Map – A web application that gives you all the information on the downloadable Maintenance Map, and more.
Imagery & LIDAR:
AMAFCA has the following on portable hard drives for checkout from the AMAFCA office. Older orthophotography and DTM data is also available.
Please note there is a 1-week maximum checkout time, hard drives subject to availability. Please contact email@example.com and include the subject “Request for Imagery/Lidar Information” in the subject line and specify which set of data you would like to request in the body of the email.
2022 LIDAR for North Albuquerque Acres
Includes Tramway Blvd. to the East, San Antonio Rd. to the South, Louisiana Blvd. to the West, and Sandia Pueblo to the North
2021 LIDAR for the Southwest Mesa
Includes Coors Blvd. to the east, I-25 to the South, the Rio Puerco escarpment to the West, and Gun Club Rd. to the North